Friday 28 November 2008

Trim Trail

Havent been on here for a while. Wish I had a valid excuse, but I just dont. On the topic of excuses though, my usual reasons for doing very little in the way of exercise have deserted me, meaning that regular appearances at Trim Trail have become the norm. In fact, it has become a bit of a love affair. The pain, the humiliation and most of all the sweet knowledge that my body can take what is thrown at it.

Merrell Mudman on Saturday was a stark reminder of the the work we need to do in time for the Grim Challenge and the small matter of climing a small "hill" in Nepal next year. Big mention to Charlie & Glen for doing the duathlon. I did the run only and the fact I could still breathe at the end came as a massive suprise. Well done boys. Did us proud. Big shout for Robotman Sharland who came 6th overall. Mutant

The Grim challenge will do exactly what it says on the tin. 8 or so miles in what can only be described as raw and untreated sewage. All that on a Sunday! No wonder people I meet and talk to about this think we are all nuts. But I know we will have the last laugh on that one. As I write this, our AGM has been booked in a the home of cricket- Lords. We will not only have our meeting but will be put through our paces in the hallowed nets. Its times like these I remember why I am part of this and with this great support, we are going to really nail this.

Weekend rugby beckons. I cant help feeling that whilst England are in dire need of a shake up, never bet against an animal you back into a corner. They have nothing to lose against the Kiwis. I mean that quite literally. I say play attacking rugby. If you expect anything less from the All Blacks then you are barking. I say come out guns blazing. So what if it backfires? Part of the problem last week was they were at times flat and at others so deep, it beggared belief. If any of you England boys are reading this, there is a Trim Trail every Monday, Wed & Saturday so get in touch if you want me to pencil in a space.

2 comments:

White-Pages said...

Ha ha - I bet Tom would love to see Danny Cipriani's herpies!!

tooveseverest said...

the most important thing in rugby is that you do the best social-networking... because... let's be honest... it's not really a sport as much as a social occasion for the upper class